Don't forget your Travel and Car Hire Excess insurance for your Easter or May Holiday breaks



Released 24th March 2009

Summary: Easter and the UK May bank holidays are getting close and it is important that holiday makers take out Travel insurance & Car Hire Excess insurance even if they are going away for a few days.

As Easter is much later again this year there will be more people taking a holiday. In 2008 as it was so early, many schools in the UK only had a one week break, then had a further break of a week in late April.

This year is more normal so many people will be away for a longer period. Many will set off to warmer climates and renting a car when they arrive at their holiday destination. If they are renting a car, they should remember to take out car hire excess insurance.

A spokesperson for and said"we act as introducers to providers like insurance4carhire and Questor Insurance. You can buy these products on a daily basis or annual basis and it certainly makes a great deal of sense to have an annual policy if you are going to be taking several holidays in a year or going on business trips"

When you hire a car, your car rental agreement normally includes cover for Collision Damage Waiver (damage to the rental vehicle) and Theft. There is almost always an Excess on the Collision Damage Waiver and Theft, however you are still liable for the Excess on CDW and Theft. When a rental car is damaged or stolen, the driver is asked to pay the first portion of the repair or replacement costs. This is known as the Excess.

The other essential is travel insurance. You never know if you are going to be delayed, loose your belongings or have an accident. jml Insurance acts as introducers to well know providers like Endsleigh, Essential Travel, Direct Travel Insurance and Simple Travel Insurance. These providers offer a variety of packages from a weekend break to an annual policy. You can take out specialist cover for all those leisure break essentials like golf clubs or ski equipment.

Many people do actually buy annual travel insurance and annual car hire excess insurance. Apart from the fact that you don't have to then take this out for every trip you make, it is usually a lot cheaper than buying single trip policies. When people are on a tighter budget it is important to consider such options.

With more and more people owing holiday home accommodation jml-insurance can also introduce property owners to range of providers for properties in the UK or overseas written in English. These providers include Intasure, Andrew Copeland International, Letsure, Rentguard, Ember JD and Devon Direct.

Further information can be found at the jml insurance website


Company Information

jml is part of jml Property Services, the trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd. The company is an UK based company that was established in 1979. jml insurance acts as an introducer for insurance companies selling property insurance including landlord and tenant rental products, pet insurance, wedding insurance, motor insurance, car hire excess insurance, travel insurance and non standard insurance products. They also operate an online marketing service for owners of holiday home property to advertise and are part of the jml Group that includes jml Training and Consultancy.

© jml Property Services March 2009

Looking for car hire excess Insurance? Click on Logo     

Looking for Travel  Insurance? Click on Logo


Back to jml Press Releases

Andrew Copeland International Property Insurance logo