Landlords' insurance from HomeLet for Landlords in England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland
HomeLet Landlord and Tenant Insurance — Low Cost Landlord and Tenant Insurance in the UK — First Class policies, specifically designed for the rented property sector Homelet offers these Landlord’s Protection Products for Landlords in England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland.
When it comes to taking the risk out of property rental, HomeLet is the specialist. We've been in the industry since the birth of Buy-to-Let, which means we've got more experience than anyone else.
We know that as a landlord you're exposed to more risks than you may realise and that could mean that a standard household insurance policy won't necessarily provide the cover you need.
So, why not let us know when your insurance is due to be renewed and we'll provide you with a quote for exceptional cover at an affordable price. Remember our cover has been specially designed with you in mind.
Easy quote process - no re-build value needed, £500,000 cover as standard (Buildings)
Contents insurance for furnished and unfurnished properties
Discounts for managed properties
Loss of rent and re-letting costs for up to two years
Emergency Assistance cover included as standard
Malicious and Accidental Damage by tenant upgrade options
Variable excess options - including nil excess
Landlord's insurance+ Fact sheet
# Landlord's Insurance+ provides a full range of cover which includes:
Contents insurance for furnished or unfurnished properties
Prestige Rent Guarantee
# HomeLet's new Building insurance automatically provides cover for up to £500,000
# If something really serious happens such as a fire or flood and the tenant has to move out, the policy covers landlords for the loss of rent or re-letting costs for up to two years (or a maximum of £50,000)
# Emergency Assistance cover is included for free with Buildings and / or Contents for furnished properties insurance and comes with the option to add on boiler and heating cover.
# The Buildings policy has variable excesses including a 'nil excess' option
# If it's a leasehold property, HomeLet Contents for furnished properties insurance will automatically cover kitchen fixtures and fittings and bathroom sanitaryware
# The Contents insurance now covers the landlords' contents in the garden such as garden furniture or ornaments
# HomeLet will provide new for old replacement of landlords' contents
# Landlord's Insurance+ also provides £5 million property owner's liability and £10 million employer's liability because if a tenant or an employee injures themselves and the landlord is found to be negligable there could be a hefty bill to pay!
# Premiums for most Building insurance policies are based on the properties rebuild value. A common mistake is to cover the market value of the house which is often much higher, leaving the owner over-insured and paying more than they need to. HomeLet's automatic Buildings cover up to £500,000 takes away this probleml
# HomeLet's Landlord's Building insurance is bedroom-rated which generates a more accurate premium for the property
# Because the product is bedroom rated landlords only need to fill in their personal details and answer four questions to receive a competively priced Buildings insurance premium indication
# HomeLet's Landlord's Building and Contents insurance policies include 90 day no restriction cover for when the property is empty between tenancies, meaning landlords are insured during void periods with no onerous inspection requirements.
Find out more by clicking on the logo below
Details supplied by Premier Homelet - 12/ 09
HomeLet is a trading name of Barbon Insurance Group Ltd, Registered Office: 4-9 Highview, High Street, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0AX, England who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the UK. Their FSA Register number is 308724
- Low Cost Buildings insurance — Peace of mind for property investors. Low Cost Buildings Insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your property following loss or damage caused by key risks such as fire, theft, aircraft, lightning, escape of water, storm and subsidence.
This economic policy also includes loss of rent and re-letting costs following insured damage, Landlord’s Liability and Accidents to Domestic Staff Liability, essential protection in today’s litigious society.
- Comprehensive Buildings Insurance — A more extensive and flexible buildings policy including benefits such as 90 days full cover for unoccupied properties in between tenancies, 30% loss of rent and Accident Damage and Nil Excess Options.
- Full Contents Insurance — Designed for furnished lets and covers your contents on a new for old basis. Accidental Damage Nil Excess Options are available.
- Limited Contents Cover — Ideal cover for unfurnished or part-furnished properties, Covers specific items including carpets, curtains, light fixtures and fittings and kitchen white goods on a new for old basis. Legal Expenses - Specific sum covered (See their Terms and Conditions) for all legal costs involved in arranging the eviction of tenants who have defaulted on their tenancy agreement or unauthorised occupants.
- Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses — Where a tenant fails to pay the rent, we will pay the rent owed (subject to an excess) until vacant possession is obtained. Legal costs are included. Letting without Rent Guarantee is like riding your bike downhill without brakes.
- Emergency Assistance — Covers the cost of a contractors call out in certain emergency situations. Covers parts, labour and materials (to specific sum — as per their Terms and Conditions).
Spread your insurance premium costs - pay monthly
HomeLet Emergency Assistance - Ensure that your property is covered before the worst happens.
If there is an emergency in one of your rental properties, it could take 48 hours to sort it out. With HomeLet, it takes you no time at all - because we handle it all.
This means no extra phone calls, no unhappy tenants or additional phone calls from worried tenants. The HomeLet Emergency Assistance Insurance policy covers the costs of calling out an approved reputable contractor, labour and parts and materials up to a maximum of £500 per incident (inc VAT)
This information has been provided by HomeLet November 2007
If you own more than Two Rental Properties, you can save money!
Take a look at - Tips for Landlords guide
Make sure you keep your insurance payments up to date to ensure that cover continues "We are writing to advise that we have again been unsuccessful in collecting the Credit Card instalment due for the above Client's policy. Unfortunaley, as we have not received payment of the arrears within the 14 day period given we must confirm that the policy has been cancelled with effect from the 21 November 2006 in accordance with policy terms and conditions" Typical notification that we receive at jml from Homelet advising that someone has not kep their insurance payments up to date. No payment = NO insurance COVER
Spread your insurance premium costs - pay monthly
HomeLet is a trading name of Barbon Insurance Group Ltd, Registered Office: 4-9 Highview, High Street, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0AX, England who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK. Their FCA Register number is 308724.